Difference between revisions of "IC Python API:Group Manager"
m (→You Will Learn How to)
m (→Group Manager)
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
Latest revision as of 01:52, 18 January 2019
Main article: RL Python Samples.
Group Manager is a utility that creates layer controls for iClone. When using Group Manager, every object that is created within iClone is placed under a group - usually the World group. Each group has it's own properties - and each object assumes the properties of the group it exists under. Group can operate on its child elements in a single operation such as toggling visibility. Once the Group Manager is initiated a dialog window will appear containing operational instructions and a default group containing everything in the scene (Group_0). You can create a new empty group by right-clicking on an empty area and assign it items from the default group. You can also double-click on the group label to rename the group and toggle the checkmark beside it to show/hide items belonging to that group.
Learn How to
- Create UI using Pyside2.
- Change and control object states.
- Group Manager script (group_manager.py)
Steps to Take
- Open a scene in iClone, preferably a scene with many items.
- Load the Group Manager python script (Group Manager.py) into the project (Script > Load Python > ...).
- In the subsequent Group Manger window, experiment with organizing the scene elements by following the instructions within the panel.