IC Python API:Smooth Camera Follow
This script lets the user pick a camera/view and a prop/target to follow. The camera will always be facing the direction of the target prop with delay as an adjustable factor. The Offset values creates a distance between the view and the target. Use the Delay value to create a lag between the view and the target.
You should be familiarize yourself with the following fundamental articles before you proceed:
Learn How to
- Drive the motion of the camera according to the animation of a prop.
- Populate drop down menus/combo boxes with elements from the scene.
- iClone scene with camera and animated prop
- Smooth Camera Follow Python script
- Extensions Python script
Steps to Take
- Clone or download the Reallusion/iClone GitHub.
- Copy SmoothCameraFollow folder into the iClone install directory > ...\Bin64\OpenPlugin.
- Load the script into the project from the menu: Plugins > Python Samples > Smooth Camera Follow.
- Follow the instructions in the subsequent dialog window.
Given a target prop and a target camera, the script will also require the inputs for the camera movement delay and offset position from the target prop. The code creates a new movement animation for the camera transformations by applying keys in the timeline. The final result is a camera that smoothly follows the target prop at the designated offset position with a certain degree of lag time decided by the user.
You can research the following references for the modules deployed in this code.